Yesterday I Cried

 ðŸ“· istock Photos.
(Why Men Cry)
I cried for love,
For the women who broke my heart
Because I failed to keep them happy. 

I cried for my mother,
For giving me birth,
I cried for my aunt, 
For showing me life,
A life you live when you lose a loved one.
Aunt Rest In Eternal Freedom. 

I cried for Poets,
Poets who can't write about change.

I cried for Slam poets,
Poets who write poems to create change.
I cried for other poets,
Poets who write poems that choke them.

I cried for my Future Wife,
Because she will birth me children, 
Children who will suffer paying debts they didn't eat their money.

I cried for my unborn children, 
Because their mother 
Will birth them without a warning of how hard Uganda is.

I cried for Ugandans,
Ugandans in Uganda and
Those in Abu Dhabi,  China, Russia and South Africa. 

I cried for Ugandans,
Ugandans in debt,
Ugandans who are living but dead,
Dead because they can't afford a meal.

I cried for students, 
Students who are studying overpriced degrees forgetting that Ugandan jobs are for Chinese and Musevenists.

I cried for the forces,
For torturing writers,
Writers who write what's bothering the nation. 

Then I cried again for everything that I cried for.

© George William Ochago. 
@George The Tired Poet. 
2023.
#poeticsundays

Comments

  1. This is a whole great write!
    Ugandans outside of Uganda and those in the country are neglected by the government with the exception of a few!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hellena, let's keep the word going. We need people know what is around them.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful heartfelt poem. I love poetry that makes me think deeply and touches my heart. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN A MAN CRIES.

Karamoja Lives Matter

POEM 604.