Olekai Na Ikoto Oni.

📸 Adobe Stock Photos.
Greetings wise people. It has been a while since you last heard from me. In other words, this is not a celebratory article,  this is a mourning article. 
My heart has been bleeding with fear and tears because why is it happening? Why is everyone not paying attention to what is decaying the clan.
In correct English, I have accepted to be pointed fingers at, I have accepted to be that overall fool of all time not until I see change coming.
A certain Poet once told me, ..."If you really want change start it from your village. Stop pretending attacking Museveni and his Son, attack your Parish chief or your Village Chairperson and see that change."...
That statement sunk deep down the crust of my heart and that's why I am writing this. I am writing it down below my village, I am writing it for Olekai and ilekai alone.

Before I go any further,  allow me say something. Why is everyone not bothered? Why do they feel that their money is not worth helping anyone else?
This is because,  when I just arrived here in December for the Great Olekai Wedding I realized that most ilekai of my generation are a mess,  not because they want to but because the situation around them forces them to. I tried talking to some but everything was futile. I found out that most of these young people take their stress to smoking weed (ejaye)  and taking toxic drinks like Omoti just because they are trying to escape from reality and be in some imaginary world.

To be frank, the generation before us the atumunak nu olekai is directly complicated and unrealistic. Some of refused to educate their own children just because their children refused to comply to do courses they wanted them to do, others who managed to educate their children can't give a hand to help their relatives. 
Thanks to Tom he trimmed the clan by arresting all the youth in dilemma. 
Thanks to him for arresting them for being there without plans yet most of them would Study if they were given chance to. 

As I conclude this, The Olekai Na Ikoto Ono   will never come if we ignore our children our brother's children just because we can't waste our money   on them and they are not worthy our help. In other words,  it would be good manners if we competed building houses in the village,  it would be good news if we used the arrears in buying trees so as to establish forests in our clan for our children's sake.
In fact planting trees is securing our children's future. Educating them is just a waste of time and it will not benefit anyone for we still have time to support them even when they get married. 

By George William Ochago.
Email: georgewilliamochago59@gmail.com
The Writer Is An Activist For Change. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN A MAN CRIES.

Karamoja Lives Matter

POEM 604.